bessie . alma

here i am grandma; can you see me?

Sunday, July 23, 2006

bloody hot

we were the hottest spot on the planet yesterday.

a hellish 40 degrees. and my parents DON'T have air conditioning.

so, i haven't accomplished any of the stuff i wanted to while i was here. it's only supposed to be about 35 or so for the next few days, and maybe that will help me focus on all of the paper work and applications i need to fill out. and, sitting here with my mother's beautiful, quiet and efficient sewing machine tempting me, i've only managed to sew the petals of the nap pillow i'm making for abby before i felt too sticky to continue. seriously. that is as much as one can move before it's unbearable.

on another note, what the @#$#(@??? i am suddenly receiving all kinds of spam from this blogger account. is that common? my email inbox is filled with anonymous comments that i KNOW are not legitimate so i don't even open them. but it's very frustrating. anybody have the same experience? i am wondering what to do about it....

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger stephanie s said...

i feel for you... i am miserable, and certainly not cut out for summer. regarding your spam... i think you can change your account so the commentor must verify a sequence of letters - it helps to stump the computer generated spam. hope that helps, and that we get some crazy cold front.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger em said...

I can't believe how hot it's been here too!

I've had to try and be creative about meals because there's no way I want to turn on my oven or stand at the stove to cook something warm.

Hopefully you'll get a reprieve soon. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home